Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company (BPI Co.)
Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company manages the infrastructure of the public transport ports of national importance. BPI Co. has its Headquarter Office in Sofia, four Branches – Territorial Directorate in Burgas, Varna, Lom and Ruse, and three specialised divisions: Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Black Sea, Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River and Directorate Port Terminals Operation.
Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company is certified for Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 and for Occupational Health and Safety Management System in accordance with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007. In order to ensure security of information, BPI Co. implemented the Information Security Management System on BDS ISO/IEC 27001:2006.
The strategic objective of BPI Co. is to ensure optimum efficiency of port infrastructure and services provided by the company, taking into account the balance of interests in the development of the national port system.
Headquarter Office- Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company:
Sofia, 69 Shipchenski prohod Blvd, fl. 1 and fl. 4
1574 Sofia, Bulgaria
Phone: +359 2/ 807 99 99
Fax: +359 2/ 807 99 66
Director General of BPI Co. - Mr. Anguel Zabourtov
The Branches-Territorial Directorates of Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company (BPI Co.) aim to:
- Implement the policy of BPI Co. in the area of operation;
- Carry out navigational securing of shipping in the territorial sea, internal waterways, canals and ports water area in the region of operation;
- Construct, reconstruct, rehabilitate and maintain the infrastructure of the public transport ports of national importance;
- Maintain existing and build new approach canals, port water areas, sea and river landfills for disposal of dredge spoil, breakwaters, protective equipment and other port services for public transport of national importance;
- Exercise control, analyse and forecast the state of the port infrastructure, including the monitoring of facilities in public transport ports of national importance;
- Approving the annual investment programme of the port operators and their updates, exercise control over their implementation;
- Participate in the development of master plans for public transport ports of national importance and the updates;
- Participate in drafting a seven-year programme for construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, development and management of the infrastructure of public ports of national importance;
- Prepare, maintain and keep a register containing data on port infrastructure of public ports of national importance;
- Implement, jointly with the structures of the Ministry of Defense, defense mobilisation events in the territory to which extend their powers;
- Establish contacts with state authorities and local authorities of the territory in the area of environmental development of the region and overcome the consequences of natural disasters and accidents.
Branch -Territorial Directorate Lom
The region of operation of the Branch-Territorial Directorate Lom is from kilometer 645 to kilometer 845,650 of the Bulgarian section of the Danube River and it has its Head office in Lom.
Director: Mr. Rosen Borisov
Address: Lom, Nezavisimost sq.
Phone: +359 971/ 68 380
Fax: +359 971/ 66 972
Branch -Territorial Directorate Ruse
The region of operation of the Branch-Territorial Directorate Ruse is from kilometer 374,100 to kilometer 645 of the Bulgarian section of the Danube River and it has its Head office in Ruse.
Direcotr: Mr. Stoyan Hristov
Address: Ruse, 22 Pristanistna Str.
Phone: +359 82/ 818 989
Fax: +359 82/ 821 862
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River ensures the provision of river information services in the Bulgarian section of the Danube River on:
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information acquired by the reporting system in the inland waterways of the Republic of Bulgaria to Bulgarian and other foreign competent authorities and stakeholders;
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information on transport logistics;
- Collecting and storing of electronic information on the hydro-meteorological situation in the Bulgarian section of the Danube;
- Collecting, processing and storing of information about the condition and depth of approach canals and berth;
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information acquired by the river traffic system in the interest of humans life safety, safety of navigation on the Danube and environmental protection.
- Providing information relating to the safety of navigation and to the organisation of traffic using the system for visualisation of traffic;
- Providing information to interested state bodies, organisations and individuals within the established rules;
The river information services provided by Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company are part of the international system ‘River Information Services’, implemented in accordance with Directive 2005/44/EC of the EU and placed under the responsibilities of the Member States. For the maritime part, in accordance with the international terminology this system is called VTMIS (Vessel Traffic Management and Information System), and for the inland waterways, according to the terminology adopted in Europe - RIS (River Information Services). It seems that the Bulgarian part of pan-European services will be called BULRIS.
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River provides the following services:
- Navigational situation - Danube;
- Hydrological information - Danube;
- Notices to skippers.
The Directorate serves and provides information also on the systems with regulated access:
- Electronic reporting on ships;
- Positioning and tracking system.
For more information on BULRIS please visit: http://bgports.bg/en/page/113
Director: Mr. Valentin Hristov
20A, Pristanistna Str.
post box No. 92,
Phone: + 359 82/ 29 84 63
FAX: + 359 82/ 29 84 61
Phone: + 359 82/ 29 84 60
FAX: + 359 82/ 29 84 61
GSM: + 359 878 435 524
Directorate Port Terminals Operation
The Directorate performs the following functions:
- Responsible for the provision of port services in accordance with the existing regulations and established terminal technology and organisation, and coordinate and organise the implementation of accompanying activities at the respective terminals;
- Prepare the necessary technology cards and organise their coordination and approval lawfully;
- Responsible for the collection of prices for port services;
- Prepare and organise the conclusion of contracts with shippers and other customers of the terminal;
- Monitor, coordinate, control and be responsible for the implementation of the obligations in the contracts concluded with shippers and other customers at the respective port terminal Prepare the necessary documents and submit the applications for registration of circumstances in the ports register and the port operators register pursuant to the current regulations;
- Prepare the necessary documents and organise the submission of the applications for the issuance of certificates for operability;
- Prepare files for each vessel called the respective port terminal, and provide statistical data to the Executive Agency Maritime Administration with scope and content and timing in accordance with Regulation No. 919 of 2000 on the collection of statistical information about the port operator and owners of ports and port facilities in the Republic of Bulgaria.
Director: Mr. Marian Gospodinov
Head of Port Terminal: Mr. Nikolov
GSM: + 359 878 146 696
Port of Ruse
Port complex - Ruse J.S.Co. is a Bulgarian port operator with 100% state owned capital. The basic activities of the port terminals operated by the Complex are:
- Transshipment of cargo - the ports in the complex are a suitable and effective connection between the water transport along the Danube and the Bulgarian national rail and road infrastructure. Most of the cargo transshipped in the port terminals of the Complex comes from / is forwarded to Ukraine (about 60-70%), Serbia, Romania and Hungary (about 20%), Slovakia, Austria and Germany (about 7-8%) and other countries.
- Cargo storage - the ports offer open and covered storage areas.
- Ro-Ro services - in Port Ruse-East there are Ro-Ro ramps for transshipment of vehicles transported via Ro-Ro ships.
- Pontoon services – the port terminals in the Complex have pontoons, suitable for commercial and passenger ships.
- Manoeuvring services - Port complex - Ruse offers services with its manoeuvring ships.
- Additional services – weighing with auto- and rail-scales, rendering services with transshipment equipment, repair shop services, supply of ships with drinking water, electricity, phone, fax.
Port terminal Ruse-center, passenger key (km. 495.800 - 494.500)
Port complex – Ruse J.S. Co. operates 3 pontoons located along the central key of the town of Ruse (port terminal Ruse-center). The key is close to the center of the town. They are suitable for both commercial and passenger ships. The width of the birth places is between 60 m. - 110 m. About 1 600 river vessels use the pontoons of the Complex every year.
Port terminal Ruse-east (km. 490.200 - 489.300)
This terminal provides a suitable multimodal connection between water, rail and road transport. As the largest port in the Complex, port terminal Ruse-east can process almost all types of cargo, including equipment with large dimensions. With its current technical equipment, port terminal Ruse-east has a capacity of processing up to 1 500 000 physical* tons of cargo per year. Its total area is 835 000 m2, and the utilized so far area is 470 000 m2. The storage area is 164 000 m2. The average depth of the basin at water mark 0 is 2,5 m. This terminal has 14 berths, electric gantry cranes with lifting capacity between 5 - 32 t. (it is equipped for transshipment of heavy cargo units of up to 64 t.).
On the territory of port terminal Ruse-east there is a Ro-Ro ramp. In periods of intensive work, this terminal was used by about 30 000 heavy vehicles a year. The Ro-Ro ramp has 2 parking lots, with total area of 27 483 m2. Its dimensions are 112 m./32 m. and the slope is 1:8.
Port terminal Tutrakan (km. 433.000 - 432.900)
Port terminal Tutrakan provides connection with the national road network. It has a capacity of processing about 20 000 physical* tons of cargo a year. The port processes both bulk and general cargo but is used mostly for transshipment of dry bulk cargo. Its total area is 4 414 m2 of which 3 500 m2 open storage area. The terminal has 2 berth places, 1 pontoon, 1 crane with lifting capacity 5 t. The average depth at water mark 0 is 2,5 m.
Passenger port terminal Silistra (km. 475.100 – 375.400)
“Port complex – Ruse” J.S.Co operates 1 passenger pontoon in Silistra. This terminal has welcomed about 12 000 passengers a year.
|CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PORT ON A GOOGLE MAP|
Port complex – Ruse J.S.Co.
Bulgaria, 7000 Ruse, 22 Pristanishtna Str.
Tel.: +359 82/ 880 935
Fax: +359 82/ 825 148
Executive director – Mr. Petar Nenkov Dragoshinov
Tel.: +359 82/ 880-935
Marketing Expert – Denitsa Mateva
Tel.: +359 82/ 880-951