Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company manages the infrastructure of the public transport ports of national importance. BPI Co. has its Headquarter Office in Sofia, four Branches – Territorial Directorate in Burgas, Varna, Lom and Ruse, and three specialised divisions: Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Black Sea, Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River and Directorate Port Terminals Operation.
Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company is certified for Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008 and for Occupational Health and Safety Management System in accordance with the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007. In order to ensure security of information, BPI Co. implemented the Information Security Management System on BDS ISO/IEC 27001:2006.
The strategic objective of BPI Co. is to ensure optimum efficiency of port infrastructure and services provided by the company, taking into account the balance of interests in the development of the national port system.
Headquarter Office- Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company:
Sofia, 69 Shipchenski prohod Blvd, fl. 1 and fl. 4
1574 Sofia, Bulgaria
Phone: +359 2/ 807 99 99
Fax: +359 2/ 807 99 66
The Branches-Territorial Directorates of Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company (BPI Co.) aim to:
- Implement the policy of BPI Co. in the area of operation;
- Carry out navigational securing of shipping in the territorial sea, internal waterways, canals and ports water area in the region of operation;
- Construct, reconstruct, rehabilitate and maintain the infrastructure of the public transport ports of national importance;
- Maintain existing and build new approach canals, port water areas, sea and river landfills for disposal of dredge spoil, breakwaters, protective equipment and other port services for public transport of national importance;
- Exercise control, analyse and forecast the state of the port infrastructure, including the monitoring of facilities in public transport ports of national importance;
- Approving the annual investment programme of the port operators and their updates, exercise control over their implementation;
- Participate in the development of master plans for public transport ports of national importance and the updates;
- Participate in drafting a seven-year programme for construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation, maintenance, development and management of the infrastructure of public ports of national importance;
- Prepare, maintain and keep a register containing data on port infrastructure of public ports of national importance;
- Implement, jointly with the structures of the Ministry of Defense, defense mobilisation events in the territory to which extend their powers;
- Establish contacts with state authorities and local authorities of the territory in the area of environmental development of the region and overcome the consequences of natural disasters and accidents.
Branch -Territorial Directorate Lom
The region of operation of the Branch-Territorial Directorate Lom is from kilometer 645 to kilometer 845,650 of the Bulgarian section of the Danube River and it has its Head office in Lom.
Address: Lom, 21 Pristanishtna Str, et.4,
Phone: +359 971/ 68 380
Fax: +359 971/ 66 972
Branch -Territorial Directorate Ruse
The region of operation of the Branch-Territorial Directorate Ruse is from kilometer 374,100 to kilometer 645 of the Bulgarian section of the Danube River and it has its Head office in Ruse.
Address: Ruse, 22 Pristanistna Str.
Phone: +359 82/ 818 989
Fax: +359 82/ 821 862
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River ensures the provision of river information services in the Bulgarian section of the Danube River on:
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information acquired by the reporting system in the inland waterways of the Republic of Bulgaria to Bulgarian and other foreign competent authorities and stakeholders;
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information on transport logistics;
- Collecting and storing of electronic information on the hydro-meteorological situation in the Bulgarian section of the Danube;
- Collecting, processing and storing of information about the condition and depth of approach canals and berth;
- Collecting, processing, storing and providing information acquired by the river traffic system in the interest of humans life safety, safety of navigation on the Danube and environmental protection.
- Providing information relating to the safety of navigation and to the organisation of traffic using the system for visualisation of traffic;
- Providing information to interested state bodies, organisations and individuals within the established rules;
The river information services provided by Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company are part of the international system ‘River Information Services’, implemented in accordance with Directive 2005/44/EC of the EU and placed under the responsibilities of the Member States. For the maritime part, in accordance with the international terminology this system is called VTMIS (Vessel Traffic Management and Information System), and for the inland waterways, according to the terminology adopted in Europe - RIS (River Information Services). It seems that the Bulgarian part of pan-European services will be called BULRIS.
Directorate Vessel Traffic Management – Danube River provides the following services:
- Navigational situation - Danube;
- Hydrological information - Danube;
- Notices to skippers.
The Directorate serves and provides information also on the systems with regulated access:
- Electronic reporting on ships;
- Positioning and tracking system.
For more information on BULRIS please visit: http://bgports.bg/en/page/113
20A, Pristanistna Str.
post box No. 92, 7000 Ruse
Phone: + 359 82/ 29 84 63
FAX: + 359 82/ 29 84 61
Phone: + 359 82/ 29 84 60
FAX: + 359 82/ 29 84 61
Directorate Port Terminals Operation
The Directorate performs the following functions:
- Responsible for the provision of port services in accordance with the existing regulations and established terminal technology and organisation, and coordinate and organise the implementation of accompanying activities at the respective terminals;
- Prepare the necessary technology cards and organise their coordination and approval lawfully;
- Responsible for the collection of prices for port services;
- Prepare and organise the conclusion of contracts with shippers and other customers of the terminal;
- Monitor, coordinate, control and be responsible for the implementation of the obligations in the contracts concluded with shippers and other customers at the respective port terminal Prepare the necessary documents and submit the applications for registration of circumstances in the ports register and the port operators register pursuant to the current regulations;
- Prepare the necessary documents and organise the submission of the applications for the issuance of certificates for operability;
- Prepare files for each vessel called the respective port terminal, and provide statistical data to the Executive Agency Maritime Administration with scope and content and timing in accordance with Regulation No. 919 of 2000 on the collection of statistical information about the port operator and owners of ports and port facilities in the Republic of Bulgaria.
Bulgarian Ports Infrastructure Company
69 Shipchenski prohod Blvd, fl.0, fl. 1 and fl. 4
BG - 1574 Sofia
Tel.: +359 2 807 99 99
Fax: +359 2 807 99 66